West Ashley Homes
- Speed is a necessity for information delivery on the Web.
- So the “All Goose Creek Homes” Link below will load all Actives on Search page.
- Then “Edit Search” by Price, Square Footage or Bedrooms to make your results personalized!
- Of course, any questions, Please call 843 200 9606
- Go to Charleston SC Homes page for other communities in Charleston Metro area
- Market Knowledge is the best defense against Buying too high or Selling too low
West Ashley or it’s alternate name, west of the Ashley is one of the six distinct areas of the city proper of Charleston, South Carolina. To Clarify, an estimated 2010 population of 57,403. Therefore, its name is literally from the fact that the land is west of the Ashley River.
Flanked by the scenic waterfront vistas and marshes of the Ashley and Stono Rivers. Together with, ancient moss draped oak trees, initial neighborhoods west of the Ashley broke ground in the 1950s. Concurrently, its largest growth occurring throughout the 1970s and 80s. Interstate 526 began traffic in the early 1980s. The Glenn McConnell Parkway began traffic in the 1990s. With a result, that it helped alleviate traffic on the historic Ashley River Road (SC Hwy. 61) corridor. As a result, the area saw explosive residential and commercial growth.
Major retailers located in the community. In any case, land needed for “big box” stores was not available on the historic downtown Charleston peninsula. West Ashley’s original neighborhoods line Savannah Highway (US Hwy. 17) in an area closest to the historic Charleston peninsula. Its first retail district, built in the 1950s, is seeing a revitalization. Subsequently, many art and design oriented businesses having located there in recent years.
West Ashley Homes
Russ provides you all MLS listings of homes in Charleston Metro and the surrounding areas. Or select one of predefined Search areas.